Friday 13 February 2009

Ray Mantilla Space Station & Steve Grossman


Synergy

Ray Mantilla Space Station and Steve Grossman.

Recorded February 1986, Bologna, Italy. Red Records.

Another monster helping of Mantilla following on from Bacoso's banging drop over at Orgy in Rhythm. The high quality continues here, with some added spice from Steve Grossman on Star eyes, Eronel and Laye. Caminos de Macchu Picchu is probably the pick of the cuts, however if i was Simon, i'd dim the lights at the next Afrolounge, turn on the smoke machine, then hit em hard with Synergy at full tilt. No shit eating grins were allowed on this session, serious gears from start to finish. Can anyone come up with his other 2 albums on Red reocrds, Hands of Fire or Dark Powers ...

1; 06:31 Caminos de macchu picchu

2; 05:19 Piasaje

3; 10:23 Star eyes

4; 02:28 Synergy

5; 04:55 Brother Ray

6; 08:53 Eronel

7; 08:40 Laye

16 comments:

  1. Katonah could you please add my blog to your blog list thanks Steve ( jazzme ) , I will still be sending you links to post ! thanks . http://anythinggoes-jazzme.blogspot.com/ . If you find any links I sent you down let me know I have spent the day re uploading , I will send you new links asap Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhhh looking forward to this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, me too! Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh woow Katonah! este es uno de los q' mas esperaba encontrar en la blogsfera...
    Gracias de antemano!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one jazzme, all linked up. looking forward to hitting your place for the good stuff ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. the link;

    http://www.mediafire.com/?cy3j5gj1ydt

    ReplyDelete
  7. just upping hands of fire do you wanna guest it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great, LOVE "Caminos de Macchu Picchu", thanks a lot Katonah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. muchas gracias por el fuego

    ReplyDelete
  10. muitas graças para todos os vossos comentários de todos ao redor do mundo, é maravilhoso saber que esta música é muito apreciada de todos os quatro cantos do globo. melhores cumprimentos para todos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Katonah, I'll grab this one as it looks promising (I trust your music selection you know) and I'll get back at you then... Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have to say that I love this album. I picked up a copy some years back from a friend of mine that used to go to record fairs. It was quite a good price as well. At least there's one album I can keep up with you on Katonah.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.