Thursday 30 September 2010

Bob Moses :1975


Bob Moses : Bittersuite in the Ozone
Mozown. (private press)

A blog-land exclusive, and an utterly breathtaking piece of music from Bob Moses. Been hunting for this gem for ages, but it has been worth the wait. A truly amazing suite from a stellar spiritual line-up, including the likes of David Liebman and Billy Hart. Think Alkebu-lan recorded in the studio and you won't go far wrong.

Mozown records was an artist owned label, based on the principals of musical and economic self determination.

Recorded at Blue Rock studios, NYC.

There's about a mintue of Glitteragblas solo leading into BitterSuite in the Ozone. Aldonna, Green Yellow and mostly Blue, Little Brother, Brofilia, Aldonna.

Addictive

9 comments:

  1. http://www.mediafire.com/?w30z6d27euuda22

    need some comments on this one plse

    ReplyDelete
  2. humina humina wow! this track has me drooling! and you say you have a copy? i am very jealous, but happy for you!

    since you always seem to collect interest, put me down for a major PLEASE for the whole album. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a long days work it is posts by you, reza and hoochie, a few beers and dinner that make my evening worth wile. Today was an especially aggravating day, and this track was exactly what I needed to forget about it. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katonah,

    Bob Moses is wonderful. You asked for comments, and I'll be honest. It's great and I'm digging it. I took a listen, spent spome time on some other music and came back.

    At first it seemed stilted and self conscious. I think it's a product of a time when serious music couldn't groove or swing too much. The playing and feeling is totally there though, it just takes some time for the track to evolve. Given that time it becomes heartfelt and solid.

    Not a desert island disc, but one I'd be proud of if I was Bob Moses.

    Thanks immensely for this rare share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Katonah, for me the tune kicked in halfway, as the theme gets spirally repeated...kinda pre When Elephants dream of-era I dunnno...
    anywho I also like it and YEP, I also like to hear the rest of this RARE slice sometime [:-)
    peace, E-mile

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230528815235&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2144wt_1147

    just spotted this, 66 copies no less!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous track, love the way it evolves, thanks Katonah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, this was reissued on cd in the 90's on the label owned by Billy Martin, the drummer from Medeski Martin & Wood. I think Moses was his teacher, if I recall correctly...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.